Barry Hawes Podiatry is committed to our Workplace Health & Safety duty of care to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, the health and safety of our team, our patients and visitors entering our workplace.
It is acknowledged that vaccination against COVID-19 is a safe and effective measure to minimise exposure to and spread of the virus. The Barry Hawes Podiatry team are all proudly vaccinated (including booster) and committed to maintaining our vaccination status.
As an essential healthcare provider, we will be providing treatment and care to the general public regardless of vaccination status. This, however, means that we need to put extra measures in place to prevent COVID-19 from spreading in our workplace, such as strict social distancing and restricting visitors from entering the clinic.
The following safety measures are in place at Barry Hawes Podiatry:
- Staff and patients are not permitted to enter then clinic if they have any symptoms such as cough, fever, sore throat, flu like symptoms or difficulty breathing;
- Staff and patients are not permitted to enter the clinic if they have been asked to selfisolate waiting for COVID-19 test results;
QR check-ins are mandatory;
- Covid safety plan in place and regularly revised (especially regarding hand washing and cleaning of surfaces);
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres;
- Adhering to density requirements of 1 person per 2 square metres.
As Barry Hawes Podiatry is a reasonably small clinic in size, we must restrict visitors (parents, family members, carers) from entering the clinic:
- Please wear a mask;
- Arrive only a few minutes prior to your appointment time as we have limited space in the waiting room. Our reception team may request that you wait in your vehicle or outside the clinic prior to your appointment to ensure we can meet our social distancing obligations;
- We require adult patients to attend their appointments unaccompanied. Adult visitors who are unvaccinated are not permitted to enter the clinic.
- We request only 1 parent, carer, or guardian to accompany a child or young person to their appointment. Due to our limited space, our preference is that other siblings do not attend the appointment, however if this is not possible, please discuss this with our reception team ahead of the appointment so that alternative arrangements can be made.
There will be some restrictions for unvaccinated parents, carers and guardians accompanying a child or young person to healthcare facilities. These include, but are not limited to:
- Only one unvaccinated parent, carer or guardian can accompany a child or young person to an appointment;
- An accompanying unvaccinated parent, carer or guardian must wear a single-use surgical face mask and will be required to limit their movements to areas where they can safely physically distance from others. This advice aligns with the QLD government’s recommendations.
As the COVID-19 pandemic is constantly changing, our COVIDsafe plan will change to meet clinical risks as they emerge. We are closely following a risk strategy which may require policy updates when there are local cases in our community.
At Barry Hawes Podiatry our sole focus is to provide excellent healthcare to everyone whilst keeping our team and patients safe. We ask that our clinic’s COVIDsafe policy is respected by everyone entering the clinic.
At Barry Hawes Podiatry we have ZERO TOLERANCE to abusive or aggressive behaviour towards any members of our team or patients, and people who display this behaviour will be banned from our practice/s permanently.